THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO
Albuquerque, New Mexico
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
Tenure-track assistant professor position, beginning August 2002. Position is open to candidates from all areas of statistics. Candidate should have no more than five years of post Ph.D. faculty employment.
Minimal qualifications include a Ph.D. in statistics or biostatistics.
Preference will be given to candidates as follows:
(1) strong letters of recommendation
(2) publications in recognized premier journals
(3) strong independent research motivated by scientific problems
(4) commitment to teaching and service and ability to teach a wide variety of courses in statistics
(5) ability to collaborate and interact scientifically with others
(6) participate in an environment comprising significant cultural diversity.
The Department has 8 faculty members in statistics, offers B.S, M.S., and PhD degrees in Statistics, and also administers the Statistics Clinic. The university is in close proximity to Sandia National Laboratories and Los Alamos National Laboratory. Several faculty members have research ties with these and other institutions.
Additional information is available at
Applicants should send a Curriculum Vitae and arrange to have 3 letters of recommendation sent to:
Edward J. Bedrick
Chair, Statistics Search Committee
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
The University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
We shall begin reviewing applications on January 4, 2002, and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates providing an electronic mail address will be informed when their application is complete.
The University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.