Applied Statistician - Numbers Galore!
Join a world filled with promise and potential. Named in 2000 as one
of five multibillion-dollar
companies "to get it" by Business 2.0, our client, based in the Bay Area, is a global energy
enterprise that values its workforce and believes in individual growth.
As the Applied Statistician, you will: design, analyze, and interpret
experimental programs. Your
focus will be on the application of basic statistics, statistical problem solving, linear modeling,
statistical process control, and database management principles to engineering, research and
business problems. As the Applied Statistician, you will also evaluate commercial statistics
packages and serve on standard setting and regulatory bodies to provide statistical expertise.
You will train engineers, chemists and technicians in statistics, experimental design, and SPC.
Also, your responsibilities will include supporting product groups on regulatory, product
qualification, and performance measurement issues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of Statistics (including statistical inference, statistical modeling - linear and
non-linear, knowledge of multivariate methods, etc.).
- Recent experience applying statistics to business and engineering
- Proven analytical skills.
- Knowledge of statistical computing (SAS, SPlus, data mining tools, etc.).
- General Information Technology knowledge.
- Entrepreneurial/consulting skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Highly productive and results-oriented.
- Knowledge of oil industry highly desirable.
- A graduate degree in Statistics (or General Science, Math, Physics, Chemistry or
Benefits: competitive oil industry salary, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing
with 401k feature, retirement plan, paid vacations and work-life balance solutions.
Keywords: statistics, statistician, SAS, SPlus, data mining, IT, oil
Guru is conducting this search for one of our top clients. We help job seekers find thousands of
great career opportunities, both contract and permanent. To APPLY, please follow these two
First, ATTACH your RESUME in WORD or TEXT formats and
send it to:
Second, complete a profile on Guru. You will receive an email with a link and instructions.
If you are interested in viewing other top-notch jobs in your field,
visit www.guru.com . Please,
no phone calls.