Genaissance Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is the world leader in the discovery
and use of human gene variation for the development of personalized medicines.
The Company has identified candidates for development in its own pipeline
of products - HAP(tm)-Clozapine and HAP(tm)-Statin - utilizing its proprietary
genetic markers. The Company also markets its technology and clinical development
skills to the pharmaceutical industry as a complete solution for improving
the development, marketing and prescribing of drugs. Genaissance has agreements
with three of the top five pharmaceutical companies as well as one of the
premier biopharmaceutical companies: AstraZeneca, Biogen, Johnson &
Johnson and Pfizer. Genaissance is located in Science Park in New Haven,
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Biostatistician. This position will be responsible for:
· Taking the lead role in performing analyses and writing statistical sections of reports for clinical studies assessing the links between genotypes and phenotypes.
· Leading in the development of new statistical/analytical methods.
· Working with members of bioinformatics in the development of novel software.
· Acting as project statistician in one or more clinical studies.
· Statistical sections of reports for FDA submissions.
· Collaborating with other groups within the company in publications and presentations.
· Coordinating biostatistical activities supporting patents.
Qualified candidates must have a Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of 3 years related experience working in a pharmaceuticals/ biotech company or in genetic applications of statistics. Must be proficient in SAS and other statistical software packages and have strong written and oral communication skills. Experience in genetics and strong publication record a plus.
Interested candidates should forward their CV to email@example.com for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer.