Send resume to J.T. Monahan, Sr. Technical Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary + Bonus + Stock + Full Benefits Package
The Expedia Analytic Development group focuses on the application of advanced analytic techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, data mining, mathematical optimization) to business problems across all lines of business at Expedia, and on the design and development of analytic systems and tools that satisfy ongoing analytic requirements. Within the team, you will be required to employ a broad range of quantitative techniques – econometric/statistical modeling, data mining, mathematical modeling – to a wide variety of application areas. The work of the team involves the full life-cycle of an analytic project from initial ad hoc analyses through solution design, system architecture, statistical coding, interaction with upstream data providers and downstream applications, test, and verification.
• Identify opportunities where selected quantitative modeling tools and statistical data analysis methodologies can contribute substantially to answering significant business questions.
• Collaborate extensively with stakeholders, program management and software development team members to ensure that solutions meet business needs and support clarity of understanding, permit valid inferences, and have functional predictive capability.
• Perform analyses, statistical design, statistical coding, and model validation in support of business requirements. • Generate statistical code that executes in an autonomous, production environment and fully considers error handling, exceptions, boundary conditions, etc.
• Document the technical details of the design, methodologies, interfaces, etc. associated with production statistical routines.
• Perform unit testing and model validation of statistical routines.
• Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, applied mathematics, quantitative methods, operations research, research methodology, etc. Comprehensive understanding of quantitative methods and extreme attention to detail.
• Strong proficiency in SAS and demonstrated ability to produce both ad hoc analyses and productionalized analytic jobs that execute autonomously.
• Experience in several of the following areas: time series analysis and forecasting, pricing, customer lifetime value analyses, customer retention, customer satisfaction and loyalty drivers, mathematical programming and optimization, design of experiments, structural equation modeling, econometric and multivariate techniques (OLS, robust regression, logit/probit, survival analysis, factor analysis, clustering, ANOVA, etc.), data mining techniques (association rules, decision trees).
• Strong oral and written presentation skills appropriate for presenting results to internal customers and stakeholders.
• Ability to translate complex quantitative information to broader business audience.
• Ability to estimate required effort for project objectives, prioritize work items, and schedule work appropriately.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with all work tracking to their respective project schedules.
• Previous experience in the e-commerce domain preferred.
• High energy and creativity, openness to new ideas/approaches, comprehensive understanding of quantitative methods and attention to detail.