Research Scientist Positions
Educational Testing Service has several junior- to senior-level Research
Scientist openings in the K-12 Research Center in Monterey, California
and in Princeton, New Jersey. These positions offer exciting opportunities
for researchers interested in the research and development activities for
high-stakes testing programs within the K-12 market. Individuals
will plan, coordinate, conduct and report on statistical analyses and other
measurement services for K-12 projects. Opportunities are varied and include
the development and validation of new kinds of measures, investigations
of new assessment capabilities, and large-scale analysis studies related
to K-12 assessment.
· A Ph.D. in a specific discipline related to assessment (e.g. Psychology, Education, Statistics, etc.) or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
· Experience designing and conducting psychometric analyses in support of testing programs.
· Proven ability to analyze and propose solutions to measurement problems, and communicate those solutions effectively.
· Facility with classical test theory, equating, and item response theory is required, as is experience with statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, BILOG, LOGIST, WINSTEPS, and/or PARSCALE). Experience with partial credit models desirable.
· Experience in K-12 testing is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
ETS offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and an ideal environment for professional growth.
Please send two copies of your resume, along with cover letter stating salary requirements to:
Educational Testing Service
Rosedale Road, MS 05-D
Princeton, NJ 08541
Fax: (609) 497-6022
ETS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.