Statistician Positions at Capital One:
you're a the-numbers-tell-the-story statistician
As a Statistician at Capital One, your skills will be at the heart of our success, because the ability to gather,
analyze and test data is key to our Information-Based Strategy. You'll use our advanced technology to build,
implement and maintain predictive models and perform ad hoc analysis. You'll evaluate new software for future
use. And you'll be part of a team of world-class professionals working together to develop and implement new
business strategies and innovative product concepts.
Best of all, you'll be part of Capital One, where taking responsibility
is encouraged, innovation is rewarded and
your ongoing professional development is supported.
* Leveraging statistical and marketing knowledge to develop innovative solutions to complex business
problems, resulting in high quality, efficient statistical models for all aspects of the company's business
* Working with Analysts and other Statisticians to gain business insights
and manipulate data to create
workable data sets and implement statistical models
* Assessing statistical research and development needs and deliver new
quantitative services for business
* Partnering with leadership to automate and enhance processes and maximize tools such as SAS
* Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or a related quantitative discipline
* Ability to use tools for data mining and statistical research, with experience in marketing, finance or general
business in an academic or professional setting
* Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously,
independently or in teams
* Some senior positions require experience managing a team toward common
goals, including project reviews,
employee development and appraisals
We offer a comprehensive benefit package and competitive compensation
structure. To be considered,
please email resume to email@example.com.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment.