Faculty Positions in Biostatistics
The Department of Biostatistics is seeking applicants for several positions ranging from Assistant to Full Professor, depending on experience, to participate in its methodological and collaborative research and teaching activities. The Department has 17 full-time faculty members, Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy candidates in Biostatistics, and concentrators for the Master of Public Health degree. Candidates should have a doctorate in statistics or biostatistics. Successful applicants are expected to aid in developing the Departmentís research agenda in observational studies, clinical trials and statistical genetics; to teach at the introductory and advanced level; and to mentor masters and doctoral students in biostatistics. Current available positions include:
· Associate/Full Professor position for an individual
with experience in clinical trials, who will take a leading role in developing
research in this area
· Two or more Assistant Professor positions in collaboration with the Boston Veterans Administration on clinical trials projects
· Assistant/Associate Professor position with significant collaboration with a clinical center focusing on research of the aged
· Assistant/Associate Professor position with significant collaboration with a research center focusing on clinical research and arthritis
· Assistant/Associate Professor position for collaboration with several projects in statistical genetics.
Applicants should have strong teaching, communication and writing skills. Applicants for senior positions should also have an established research record.
To apply, send your CV, a description of your research goals, a description of your teaching experience and philosophy, and letters from three references to:
We encourage applications from women and minorities. Boston
University is an equal opportunity employer.