Basic starting salary: 15 600 FF + allowances
Under the general supervision of an Administrator, the main responsibilities will be to assist in the reception, review, input and checking of data submissions and to participate in the creation and maintenance of large databases of the Energy Statistics Division. Main Duties
1.Receive, review and input data submissions from Member countries and other sources. Check data for completeness, internal consistency and plausibility, and correct calculations using existing verification procedures. Compare data with published sources for accuracy and consistency with definitions.
2.Assist in investigating and resolving anomalies in collaboration with national administrations of Member countries.
3.Maintain appropriate documentation on data series.
4.Participate in the creation and maintenance of large computerised databases and draft instructions for processing data.
5.Participate in the IEA Emergency Data System as required.
6.Assist in designing and implementing procedures for the preparation of the energy statistics publications using the main databases and software available on the PC local area network. Exploit hardware and software developments to improve the efficiency of working methods.
7.Carry out ad hoc extractions and manipulation of data.
8.Carry out other related duties as assigned.
1. Sound knowledge of elementary mathematics. Some knowledge of energy industry operations and terminology would be an advantage.
2. Some experience in the basic use of databases and computer software. Programming experience would be an advantage.
3. Ability to work accurately, pay attention to detail and work to deadlines. Ability to deal simultaneously with a wide variety of tasks and to organise work efficiently.
4. Good communication skills; ability to work well in a team and in a multicultural environment, particularly in liaising with contacts in national administrations and industry.
5. Very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Organisation (English and French); good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.
Note: Applicants must be successful on the IEA or OECD test for Statistical Assistants.
Candidates must be from an OECD country: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
An initial contract of three months will be given with the possibility of a subsequent three-year contract.
Send curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org