Company Information: United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) is the private, non-profit organization that manages the nation’s organ transplant system under contract with the federal government. In doing so, we bring together hundreds of transplant and organ procurement professionals and thousands of volunteers. This unique collaboration helps make 79 life-saving organ transplants possible each day. Our system serves as the model for transplant systems around the world.
UNOS is involved in many aspects of the organ transplant and donation process:
• Managing the national transplant waiting list, matching donors to recipients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• Maintaining the database that contains all organ transplant data for every transplant event that occurs in the U.S.
• Bringing together the transplant community to develop policies that make the best use of the limited supply of organs and give all patients a fair chance at receiving the organ they need, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, religion, lifestyle or financial/social status.
• Monitoring every organ match to ensure organ allocation policies are followed.
• Providing assistance to patients, family members and friends.
• Educating transplant professionals about their important role in the donation and transplant processes.
• Educating the public about the importance of organ donation.
Our mission is to advance organ availability and transplantation by uniting and supporting our communities for the benefit of patients through education, technology and policy development.
UNOS begins with you. If you’re motivated by meaningful work, we invite you to join our life-saving team.
Position Title: Research Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities: UNOS is looking for a Research Analyst to provide statistical programming and statistical analysis support for scientific studies, contract deliverables, data requests, and database maintenance activities utilizing the OPTN database, research analysis datasets and other sources of data as necessary.
• Perform statistical analyses of transplant data in order to complete contract deliverables, special research projects, and other scientific inquiry.
• Conduct data processing and technically complicated data analysis with minimum supervision.
• Coordinate various aspects of health research projects (for OPTN committees and other research projects) including preparing case studies and technical assistance materials and conducting literature reviews.
• Write reports and summaries of analyses and research findings.
• Assist with submission of grant and contract proposals.
• Assist in the preparation of analytic results in the form of reports, manuscripts and abstracts/posters for professional meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications: Minimum Requirements
• 2 years of statistical/data analysis consulting experience (this may include experience as a Graduate Research Assistant).
• Familiarity with survival analysis, categorical data analysis, generalized linear models and hypothesis testing.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with statistical programming in SAS or R.
Additional Skills and Qualifications
• Experience with programming or statistical analyses with STATA, SPSS, Python or other platforms are considered.
• Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, other) is of interest.
• Experience in health-related field.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and within teams.
• Demonstrated data manipulation and data management skills is required.
• Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or other related field
• Ph.D. preferred
General office demands
Application Information: Please use the provided link to apply to this position.
Contact Email: jeffrey.miller@UNOS.org