Company Information: Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Position Title: Biostatistician II – Institute of Healthcare Delivery Science
Duties and Responsibilities: – Design of large observational studies based on institutional EPIC electronic health record and national administrative medical databases.
– Data management and statistical programming.
– Conducting data analysis and report writing under the mentorship of senior staff.
– Decision and cost-effectiveness analysis. The candidate will receive additional training in decision analytic methods including cost-effectiveness analysis of alternative health care interventions, and meta-analysis.
I-HDS is currently seeking a Master’s level Biostatistician. He/she will work closely with I-HDS faculty and Biostatisticians of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Center for Biostatistics. This position entails collaborating on several projects with researchers and clinicians across the Mount Sinai Health System to identify and manage datasets, to conduct analyses, and to report research findings in order to improve the effectiveness, safety, and efficiency of health care delivery.
I-HDS provides Master’s level Biostatisticians excellent opportunities to develop professionally, which involves strong mentorship and participation in disseminating research findings through scientific papers and meetings.
Position Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
– Two or more years of experience as a statistical programmer or analyst.
– As the I-HDS has a strong interest in computer simulation studies of health care interventions, experience with stochastic simulation models is desirable.
– Previous collaborative research experience with health care related data is a plus.
– Master’s degree in Biostatistics or a related discipline (such as computer science, mathematics, econometrics, engineering, physical sciences)
– Experience with regression and survival analysis.
– Excellent computer skills are required including experience with programming in SAS, Stata, SPSS, S-Plus, and/or R.
– Proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
– Candidates must have excellent written and communication skills in English and must be able to work independently, under minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
Benefits: The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org